![]() |
| I have one of these switches behind my left ear... |
For those of you (all 2 or 3 of you... Hi mom, 'sup Nana. Dad... *tips hat*) who are privy to this blog of mine, you'll know one of the main subject I tend to post about here, is music.
Now... I love a good cover, and I've even gone and dedicated a couple of my previous posts to some compilations of them. You can check them out by scrolling down, or if you're super-lazy just click here, and here.
When I decided to pick this blog up again, I thought - what better way to get back on the wagon, than to do another 'Cover Me Up' write-up. So that's precisely what I've done.
Over the course of the last few months, I have been lucky enough to come across some excellent covers. The nice thing about this batch, is that it is quite eclectic. Something for everyone... you might say. In saying that, it is quite heavy on newer generation artists.
OK, enough of that. Here goes...
Jagwar Ma cover Losing you, by Solange
Arctic Monkeys cover by You Know I'm No Good, by Amy Winehouse
The Morning Benders cover Lovefool, by The Cardigans
The Maccabees cover Lonely Boy, by Black Keys
The Riptide Movement cover Halo, by Beyonce
Foy Vance covers Where Everybody Knows Your Name (Cheers theme-song)
Ingrid Michaelson covers Can't Help Falling in Love With You, by UB40
Frank Ocean covers Strawberry Swings, by Coldplay
The 1975 cover So Good to Me, by Chris Malinchak
The Weekend cover Dirty Diana, by Michael Jackson (warning: will make you want to sex a person)
The White Stripes cover Jolene, by Dolly Parton
Angus and Julia Stone cover Say it Right, by Nelly Furtado
Lykke Li covers Silver Spoons, by Fleetwood Mac
And finally...
Chairlift (and special guest Kool A.D.) covers Party, by Beyonce
- - -
Bon Listening,
B x

No comments:
Post a Comment