Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cover Me Up (part two)


So, I know I’ve posted a few of these bits on my favourite covers, and they always seem to go down quite well. I’ve been asked by a few people over the course of the last month or so, to make another one.

This time around however, I am taking a slightly different approach. Whilst the songs named below alongside their original scribblers are likely to be familiar to most, the bands that perform them, may not ring such a bell. Well, in some cases at least.

I've gotten into this habit lately, where if I come across a band that I like, I'll do a search to see the sorts of songs that they have done covers of. A few of the below are as a result of this. Others, i've come across in one way or another over the years.

So, here goes…


Peasant’s King covers Stay, by Rihanna 

Kodaline covers Latch, by Disclosure



The Head and The Heart covers Go Your Own Way, by Fleetwood Mac


Amanda Palmer covers Fake Plastic Trees, by Radiohead

The Tallest Man on Earth covers Graceland, by Paul Simon

Peter Gabriel covers Flume, by Bon Iver



Oh, and the bonus track… Nirvana covers The End, by The Doors. While they have a bit of a laugh with this, it is still fantastic to listen to. Perhaps even more so for that very reason. It is rare too, I believe they only did this once.






No comments:

Post a Comment