
So fingers, toes etc... (etc?) crossed that non of my current housemates come across this little outlet of mine, as I am about to have a little bit of a rant that may (will) shine an unflattering light on them...
I moved to London in November, so I have been here for nearly one year. And man, has it been one amazing year. I am lucky enough to have a job that I love, with a company that I am insanely proud to be part of. It is hard work. It is tough... Is it grueling every single day? Yes. Do I see this as a bad thing? No. Also, I have a cracking bunch of friends which allows life outside work to be rather fruitful.
Unfortunately for mem, when I first moved over I made the rookie mistake of rushing the house-hunting process and pretty much running with the first available flat I came across. The flat it self, lacks any sort of personality and has never felt like 'home' to me. The people I live with, are painfully ignorant individuals that couldn't hold a stimulating conversation if their lives depended on it. I tend to be a rather busy aul' be diring the week, and i'm rarley in the house at the weekend, and so I spend very little time with/around them. But it's only lately that I have realised, I bet that wouldn't be the case if I lived with people I could actually get along with.
Last week, after what can only be described as an absolute BALL ACHE of a new-home-hunt, I found my new place. It is a beautiful house (with a garden... yay) and i'm very happy to say that it has a real personality to it. The house mates (all three of them) seem really nice - easygoing, considerate, friendly and educated! I state this with a fair degree of confidence as I made a point of meeting them a few times before agreeing to move in.
It is so important, who you surround yourself with in life. Needless to say, those you live with.... no bloody exception.
As I was writing this one of my housemates arrived home, with four blokes (all total tossers) that he has clearly never met before tonight, and they are currently all sitting in the kitchen (that is littered with the crap that my dearest co-habiters haven't bothered to clean up after them) snorting their noses off and talking what I can safely bet my life on, is absolute trash.
I am a respectable human being.... GET ME OUT OF HERE.
Roll on moving day next week - I have no doubt this will substantial improvement to my life here in London Town.
B x
No comments:
Post a Comment